About the CommUNITY Fund
How to Apply
Frequently Asked Questions
Founded in 1905 as the first exclusively industrial city in the Southwestern United States the City of Vernon is an industrial city of 5.2 square miles located several miles to the southeast of Downtown Los Angeles in Southern California. Vernon currently houses more than 1,800 businesses that employ approximately 50,000 people, serving as a vital economic engine in the region. Vernon maintains strong philanthropic ties with the neighboring communities where much of its workforce lives, providing significant financial support for public services including health care and education.
The Vernon CommUNITY Fund (VCF) will further contribute to the health, well-being and quality of life in surrounding communities. The Fund will be administered by a diverse group of appointed volunteers serving as the Grant Committee which will review and approve applications from community and faith-based organizations as well as local governments.
The Vernon CommUNITY Fund provides charitable contributions to community-based organizations and governmental agencies in support of efforts to improve the quality of life, strengthen families and affirm Vernon’s ties with neighboring communities in pursuit of bright futures.
- To strengthen and support non-profit organizations that benefit residents and neighborhoods;
- To improve the built environment of Vernon and nearby communities;
- To encourage and inspire positive social development in Vernon and neighboring communities;
- To support and assist organizations that expand opportunities for training and development of residents for potential employment in businesses located in Vernon and surrounding communities;
- To promote positive social development of children, youth, families and senior residents in Vernon and surrounding areas;
- To promote effective and responsible leadership at every level of society
- Shared responsibility for the well-being of our neighbors now and into the future;
- Integrity and accountability for fair decisions using high ethical standards;
- Unity of purpose and commitment to succeed at fulfilling our mission
Potential applicants to the VCF should begin by reviewing the eligibility requirements. If the organization meets the listed requirements, an authorized representative of the organization should visit the application page to create a user profile and begin the online grant application process. Please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com with any additional questions you may have about the VCF grant application.